Thursday, February 18, 2010

Letter to Bellingham

Dear Gov.Bellingham,

I write to you today as a concerned citizen of our society to address an important opinion on Hester Prynne's right to have custody of her child,Pearl. I have seen the way Hester shows affection towards her child and I think that Hester should keep her regarding how she takes good care of Pearl. Even though she wears the Scarlet Letter on her bosom she is still a mother and a mother can not be displaced from her child. This is why I ask of you to take time and listen to what I have to say.

Although Hester committed adultery and a child was born of such a sin, Hester loves Pearl and may it be that in the beginning she did not show appreciation of her I have witnessed a change in her emotions towards her child. When she talked to the father of Pearl she mentions to him that he will love Pearl,even though she is an odd child, just as Hester loves her dearly(139). Illustrating a great deal of affection towards Pearl Hester articulates how much she loves Pearl. Meaning that if Hester loves Pearl this much she has a right to keep her within her custody and be with her daughter.

Another reason why Hester should keep Pearl is that if she did not want Pearl then she would of let officials take her away from her, but she did not let them and the minister Dimmesdale helped her case so Hester may keep Pearl along side her.Hester thanks Dimmesdale and she appreciates what he did for them and she reminds him of what he did when she is presenting Pearl to Dimessdale(142). If Hester did not care then why would she present Dimmesdale to Pearl? Implicating the significance of how much she is grateful to him for helping her keep her daughter and any one willing to do anything to keep their child deserves to hold on to them until it is time to let go of them.

Thank you Gov.Bellingham for your time and consideration of my opinion on Hester's case of custody of her child. I think you should think of this case very deeply and make the right choice. Again I thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
L.M.G

No comments:

Post a Comment